Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday Random Thoughts and Learnings

Thursday Random Thoughts and Learnings

  • I learned from Nathan Anderson that we can build a social network within a social network that can connect the people of Charter Oak Church in a more significant way.
  • I can’t believe it was 17 years ago that I graduated with a degree in computers.
  • We have a vimeo account for Charter Oak Church and we have posted our congregational gatherings where I shared about our strategic plan and structure. You can watch it http://www.vimeo.com/charteroakchurch
  • It takes 18 weeks to train for a marathon. I’m just sayin!
  • Tuesday I had a meeting at 7:00a.m. with Tom Beagan. We walked out of the office together at 9:45p.m. together. It was an awesome day. I love my job and I love the people I am privileged to serve on this staff!
  • I had lunch on Monday with the Chair of our Church Council, Stan Hunt. He is a man of God. He’s encouraging. He asks the right questions. He loves his wife. Most of all, he love Jesus. I believe discipleship is about walking with people who are ahead of you in the journey to become more like Jesus. I am blessed to walk with Stan and the other members of our Church Council.
  • Duke men’s basketball team is #1 again. I’m just sayin’.
  • I hope the NFL learns from the mistakes of the professional sports from the past.
  • I am on stay-cation next week; vacation while staying at home. Sleeping in, lots of reading, long walks with Kelli, and lunch out every day. I can’t wait!!

0 comments: