Monday, September 27, 2010

Inspiration


The cover of my wife's Organic Gardening magazine says - "Inspiration." I was caught by surprise by this word choice. Can gardening truly be inspirational in the way that I typically think about it? I have come to the realization that some people truly experience the fullness of God in nature.

This summer while we were on vacation we toured Laurel Caverns. My wife said she felt extremely close to God as we walked beneath the earth. Then we went swimming at Ohiopyle. I have to admit, I too could sense the power and beauty of God.
I have come to realize that I am not inspired by gardening, but I am inspired by the hand of God at work. So when I limit my experience of God to only a more traditional setting then I miss out on the fullness of who God is. I want all of God. I know that no one has seen God and lived and yet I think I am willing to risk it. I want more and more and more of God in my life. I want to drink in the living water. I want to eat of the bread of life. I want to be inspired by the power of the Holy Spirit.

0 comments: