Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Getting Things Done

I receive an email every so often from David Allen over at Getting Things Done (GTD). Yesterday I received one of those emails. Here's a section of it...

"Let's get something really clear: success doesn't come from getting organized—it comes from following your heart. Or your intuition. Or the seat of your pants. Or your gut. (Pick the words you like or that you're not allergic to.)"

Proverbs 3:5 says, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."

I love being organized. I get more done when I am organized that I do when there is a mess on my desk and nothing scheduled on my calendar. It's why I get the emails from David Allen.

He is correct when he writes that success doesn't come from getting organized. But according to Proverbs it doesn't come from following your heart, it comes from trusting God with your heart.

Proverbs 5:6 goes on to say, "in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Me being organized doesn't set me on the right path, trusting God and acknowledging Him does. I love being organized and GTD helps me a great deal, but I have to remember it's a tool that helps me to get on God's agenda.

0 comments: