Thursday, August 14, 2008

What We Do Matters

What you do says a lot about what you believe. I guess I have inherently known this for a very long time, but from time to time it really becomes obvious.

When I take a day off in the middle of a busy week to spend with my family, it says that I value my family over work.

When I am a little late for a meeting, it says that I don't value the other person's time.

When I return a phone call or an email within 24 hours, it says that I respect that person's need.

When I am eating ice cream right before bed, it says that I don't believe my body is the temple of the Lord.

When I tithe, it says I am thankful for what God has given me.

When I don't take care of the stewardship of leading Charter Oak Church, it says I don't respect the Bride of Christ.

I could go on and on and on about my actions and what they are saying about what I believe. Half of the ones I listed above are on the negative side, I think it is important to also list the positive things I do and what it is that I am saying as I do those as well.

What about you, what are your actions saying about what you believe? What are you doing with your family? your finances (at work & at home)? your self-care? your leadership? your busyness? I can usually tell what some one believes about a particular area by the decisions he or she makes in that area. What are you saying?

0 comments: