Friday, March 10, 2006

On Being Sick and Having Nothing to Do

I have been sick all week. I hate being sick. I have to admit, I am the biggest baby in the world. I was laying on the couch feeling miserable and pretty much sorry for myself, when some things started going through my mind. Here are some of those random thoughts:
  • As I'm reading through the Bible this passage really struck me this past weekend - Deuteronomy 11:18-19, "Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up."
  • As miserable as I am, I think it would be worse if Kelli was sick - then I would be in charge - SCAREY!!
  • John 17:15-17, "My praer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them for the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth."
  • When I am sick, I can't sleep. Let me just tell you - there is nothing good on television at 2:00am. There is still nothing good on at 4:00am. As a matter of fact there is so much bad stuff, I couldn't believe the stuff that was allowed to be on.
  • Kelli's brother shoots commericals for FOX. He said that it is free to shoot the commerical; you just have to pay for the airtime. Depending on when you want to show it determines the cost. He said the cheapest airtime is midnight to 6:00am. It's about $75 per showing. Talk about people who need to hear God's truth!
  • Not long after I got scared thinking about Kelli getting sick, she came in and reminded me that she will be going to Willow Creek for 3-4 days with Maxine and the children's ministry team and she wanted to know what I was going to do with the kids. Once again - SCAREY!!
  • When I am sick, the first thing that goes for me is my memory. Don't ask me why, maybe my mind just reverts back to my IUP days. I don't know. But it dawned on me that we have our first Leadership and Servant Training event tonight. It will set the standard going forward. I need to be at my best, even though I am sick.
  • Psalm 28:7, "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."

0 comments: