Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 9, Day 1

Welcome to week 9!  Our memory verse for this week is John 14:23, "Jesus replied, 'If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching.  My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.'"  As I have been preaching through the whole Gospel of John and working through Experiencing God, I have been amazed at how often what I am preaching and what we are working on in this study have come together.  Only God!

The most meaningful part of today's study was - The previous level of your walk with God will not be adequate for the new work God wants to do through you.  Wow, that was a big one for me.  I have shared with the people of Charter Oak Church that I want to equip everyone to be able to learn where they are on the path of discipleship and what their next step is.  We are working very hard on this and are close to sharing it with everyone.  God has new work for us and I believe He is preparing me and our congregation for what is next.  How incredibly exciting!!

0 comments: