Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Tide


I was listening to an interview with Seth Godin earlier this week. He shared the push back he is receiving from people to do things that are risky. They use the state of the economy as the excuse for not being bold and daring.


Seth responds by saying, "just because the tide is out it doesn't mean there is less water in the ocean."


I have been thinking about my attitude toward risk. I have been wrestling with how wide my bandwidth of trust and obedience is of God. Do I still believe this is God's church? Do I still believe this is God's vision? Do I believe it is up to me or up to God?


There is a church I follow closely that has declared that they are living under "the new normal." I like that mentality. I love that vision of the tide. I don't want to live out of fear. There isn't less water in the ocean. Yes, things are different, but our heavenly Father is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.


God has given our church a mission to reach out to those who are searching and equip believers to become fully devoted followers of Jesus. I am more committed to that mission than I have ever been in the six years I have been at Charter Oak Church. We are living into it with greater intentionality every day. We have laser beam intense focus to listen to God and walk obediently in the power of the Holy Spirit, together.


It's a great adventure!

0 comments: